Try out these few HANDY TIPS from your local PROPERTY MANAGEMENT COMPANY to help save your home from becoming your next nightmare this summer!
Looking after your home can be a nightmare with so many things going wrong all the time. Home maintenance is a never-ending battle which is why we would like to give you some free handy tips and suggestions that will make your life a little bit easier.
1) During the hot and dry summer periods always make sure the pool is at the right water level – (in line with the middle of the skimmer box). Evaporation occurs easily and if the pump takes in air this could burn out the pool pump.
2) Moth balls are excellent deterrents for small geckos, lizards and ants that make their homes in warm and dry places. Place them in areas such as garage motors, pool pumps and electrical boards. Failure to sort this out can cause an electrical fault and be costly in the long run!
3) Now is the time to check that your irrigation system is working and to the correct schedule, with no blocked jets, or split pipes. If the pressure is low, there may be a leak underground. Don’t wait until December to see your lovely lawn come up in patches of brown due to inconsistent coverage.
4) Clearing around all outside alarm beams and along electric fences in the garden will help stop false alarms, keep the peace with your neighbours and save your armed response team some sweat & petrol!
5) Using Green “AnTraps” from Pick n Pay will help remove all ant problems around the house. These are easy to install and don’t make a mess.
6) As the season changes, the rust arrives in full force. Spraying locks, hinges, springs etc with silicone spray is a good way to keep unwanted rust away. Whilst you’re at it, check the moving parts such as springs, wheels & chains on your garage door, as they will need a good spray/grease too.
7) It will be Air-con time soon! Don’t get caught in a sweat! Get your aircon serviced now before the real silly season starts when contractors don’t answer their phones. Most service providers will clean the filters of salt build up, as well as check for re gassing if needed.